Module 2: JCL Structure and Job Card
- There are major three most frequently used JCL statements are JOB, EXEC and DD statement.
- JOB statement is used to specify information related to Job i.e. job name, programmer name, accounting information etc.
- EXEC statement is used to specify the program and procedure to be executed
- DD statement is used to specify information about files, printers or resources used.
Before describing these statements in details, let’s see rules for coding JCL Statements:-
- Must be upper case characters
- Are written in lines of 80 columns
- Up to 71 columns for JCL content
- 72 to 80 for comments
- Must not contain typographical errors
- Neither Extra or Less spaces
- No missing commas